Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Fall Shopping List

I just thought I would share with all of you the top items that are on my shopping for fall/winter. Fall always makes me want to shop...all the new clothes in the stores, the weather getting colder, and all my old suff from last year looking like they desperately want some new friends to join them in the closet.


Wedge-Heel Ankle Booties

Fall always makes me want to look a little fancier than the spring and summer, and high heels always do the trick. A wedge heel is a comfy option to step up your outfit, and a wedge bootie works with dresses, skirts, under wide-leg pants, or with your skinnies. There are many options available, from the high end to the affordable. Zara and Aldo both have some fun styles. Michael Michael Kors does a nice one, and there are always good ones from Prada! I have my eye on a cognac coloured pair with a wooden heel and a gold zipper from Zara...





Zara booties


Gorgeous Grey

Grey is one of my favorite colours for fall. It's such a fabulous neutral, softer than black and can be paired with shades of brown as well (so I could wear it with the booties!). My favorite way to wear grey is head to toe. A chunky knit sweater with some leggings or skinny pants a belt and some heels all in grey? FABULOUS.




A grey look from Gucci F/W 2010



The YSL Palais pump in grey


Fur

Now, I don't need to go shopping for any fur, per se, as I already have some, but a girl can always use more. I have a faux mink jacket that fools everyone, a faux leopard collar, and a real vintage mink stole that my mum was given by a old relative, and then she gave to me. I have yet to wear it, but I think I should test out some outfits with it soon!

Some fur looks courtesy of runwaypicks.com. I'm kinda loving the purple vest at Versace, although I may look like a muppet in it.

A Structured Dress

A structured dress is one of the most flattering pieces a girl can wear. With all the ladylike fashions coming down the runways, and now available in stores, there are many options to choose from. Victoria Beckham, who I adore, does some amazing dresses. Since I don't have a spare $2,000 kicking around I found an amazing magenta one from Diane von Furstenburg. Nothing is better and more lasting and versatile than a fitted shift-style dress with a nipped waist. It's the easiest way to look sexy and polished without much effort.

victoria beckham fall 2010 collection

Some looks from Victoria Beckham's A/W 2010 collection



No comments:

Post a Comment