Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tis The Season!



Tis the season for Christmas parties! And you all know what that means...tis the season to buy a new party outfit! There are so many options out there, it makes me wish that I had a million parties to go to so that I could wear a million different outfits. Last year, for New Year's Eve I had the worst time trying to find the right dress. My approach was to buy the shoes first (amazing red suede YSL's, as seen on last year's Christmas wish list), and then find the perfect Little Black Dress. I couldn't manage to find anything that did the shoes justice, until my friend Jennie lent me her Helmut Lang ruched number with an asymmetrical lace sleeve. I loved it so much that I convinced her to sell it to me!
This year, my plan was to base my outfit around some amazing shoes again! Unfortunately, as shocking as it may sound, I cannot find the right shoes!!! Nothing in Holt Renfrew is inspiring me, Gravity Pope doesn't really have any WOW shoes, and everywhere else seems cheap. This year it seems that the clothing side of the outfit is coming along better. I think that I am opting out of the dress. Instead, I am going Bianca Jagger syle in a jumpsuit! I got an amazing tuxedo style one from Judith and Charles, and I have my eye on a Rory Beca romper, with long sleeves.


I was thinking of wearing the romper with grey snakeskin effect Wolford tights that I got last year, and my grey Camilla Skovgaard open-toe booties.




The only thing that makes me hesitant to wear these, is that pale grey leather can be risky in a situation where drinks could be spilled. That being said, I have no idea where I will actually be going, if anywhere.

I feel that sequins are a bit tired for holiday parties, and it's mmore interesting to wear something more unexpected. So, what are you going to wear????? And also, if you have seen a purse anywhere that might go with the outfit I mentioned above, please let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment