Sunday, February 3, 2013

The 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards

Ah, the SAG awards, where all the stars get to pat each other on the back. It's less fancy than the Golden Globes and, of course, the Oscars, but all the stars get drunk, so it's definitely worth a watch. As per usual, for every beautiful gown on the red carpet, there were multiple fashion train wrecks. So, here is my list! Let me know who was your best and worst. Just to change it up, I'm saving the best for last.

Worst:
5.
 Lea Michele in Valentino.
I will say I like the colour. That is it, though. The satiny fabric looks cheap, and the bottom of the dress looks like a dust ruffle. I hate her hair (is anyone else over ombre?), and the neckline is not at all flattering.
 4.
 Rose Byrne in Valentino. First of all, this dress is all wrong for January; it looks way too summery. Second of all, I hate it. The colours wash her out, and I hate the ruffle down the sides. Also, I think her hair looks really gross.
 3.
 Jennifer Lawrence in Dior.
 What is wrong with this girl? She had a such a great fashion year in 2012, and she's just continually missing the mark lately. And always with Dior! Maybe she should find a different designer. Ok, so this is terrible. It's all wrinkly, I hate the seam or whatever at her knees, and I hate the stupid strapless straight-across neckline. Plus, it's too long.
2.
Anne Hathaway in Giambattista Valli. 
I am just going to put it out there that I hate her new haircut. Anne, now that you're done playing a hooker dying of syphilis in Les Mis, please grow your hair back. Tall people always look better with long hair. And as for the dress, barf. I loathe all that tulle, it brings back terrifying prom memories. The length is super awkward, and the cut is just not flattering to her body. 
1.
Sigourney Weaver in Lanvin.
And the Worst Dressed Award goes to....! Normally I love Lanvin, but apparently Sigourney Weaver decided to wear this one backwards. Yes. I can't say how much better it would have been worn the right way around, but I feel like anything is better than this. Her whole top half looks like a big square, and even the waistband is unflattering. This one is a big miss.

 Best:
 5.

Marion Cotillard in Dior.
This dress is totally not the style that I usually like, but I think this looks super chic. I love the colour, the contrasting bodice, the pockets, and I love that you can see her shoes! Tres chic.
4.
Nina Dobrev in Elie Saab.
Oh, how I love pink! This is so elegant, but still really fresh in such a bright colour. I love the subtle cutouts, and her dangly earrings are a perfect finishing touch. P.S. Does anyone actually know who this girl is?

3.
Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta.
Dang, is Tina Fey looking good lately! I love the sweetheart neckline (always a flattering choice), and I really love the belt! More and more, I am loving belts added to gowns. Tres chic! Her Old-Hollywood hairstyle is fab, and she looks dang hot!

2.
Nicole Kidman in Vivienne Westwood.
Stunning. Just try to ignore the frozen face for a moment, and you will see how truly gorgeous she looks here. This is the Nicole we know and love, the one who works a red carpet like nobody's business. The navy sequins over the sheer underlay are so exquisite, and the slit is the perfect height. Definitely a win.

1.
Amanda Seyfried in Zac Posen.
This is simply gorgeous. I love how she added a modern touch to her mermaid gown with a long pendant. The deep blue shade brings out her eyes, and the cut is really flattering to her shape. Her Veronica Lake hairstyle perfectly finishes off the look. Love it!













No comments:

Post a Comment