Monday, February 6, 2012

Alexander McQueen Spring 2012






In the fashion world this is all old news, but to me thinking about spring before winter arrives in September is just too depressing. Now that it's February and spring seems within reach, I can turn my attention to the spring collections. Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen showed a collection influenced by the ocean. This collection was very different from McQueen's last full collection Plato's Atlantis for spring 2010, in which he imagined an apocalyptic world where the sea took over the earth and models became aquatic creatures with gills and crustaceous feet. Burton seems to have a lighter view of the world, and showed a collection with references to coral, seaweed, barnacles, mother of pearl, and sea anemones. Thankfully, she reamained true to McQueen's couture-level of craftmanship and his classic strict tailoring with a strong shoulder. I will admit that I would do some terrible things to get my hands on some Mcqueen.
Last, but obviously not least, my favorite shoes from the collection. Coral or sea anemone? Why is it that all of the shoes that I love the most are summer shoes? If you work it out using the cost per wear analysis, in Canada it is much smarter to have a boot addiction. Too bad it is something called desperate desire, which I have no control over...

No comments:

Post a Comment