Monday, June 9, 2014

Cannes Film Festival

My favorite fashion kickoff for spring is the ever elegant Cannes Film Festival. All our favorite red carpet stars gather in the south of France for a number of different parties, galas, and fim premieres. There is so much bad fashion out there, but I am only going to focus on the good here. Effortless glamour is the name of the game at Cannes, and here are some of my favorite looks of the week.


Lara Stone in Calvin Klein
This colour is absolutely to die for. Calvin Klein's simplicity of design is superbly showcased by this gorgeous shade of pink. I love the modern shape of this gown and the asymmetrical detail at the neckline. Definitely one of my all-time favorite colours. Hmm...why don't I have a dress in this shade?




Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere
This girl is truly a fashion goddess. The breezy ethereal feeling of this gown makes it a perfect choice for Cannes.




Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Emilio Pucci
Another perfect goddess-gown for the French Riviera. I love the draping, and I think that blondes should wear more yellow.




Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive
Stunning as always, Cate simply dazzles in this blue-green gown, shimmering like the Cote D'Azure.



 
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Gucci Premiere
This is a perfect type of gown for Cannes: effortlessly glamourous. I have been loving Gucci Premiere gowns on the red carpet the last couple of years and this one is no exception. The icy blueish grey colour is gorgeous, and I love how the structured bodice becomes a flowing skirt.



Jessica Chastain in Elie Saab
This is the ultimate Greek goddess gown. Picking a breezy evening to don this number turned out to be an excellent choice, as the movement in this dress is simply beautiful.



Blake Lively in Gucci Premiere
This is simply stunning. She is giving major Grace Kelly. I wish that she had worn this to the Met Gala, since it is perfectly in line with the Charles James theme. Her golden goddess Gucci that she opted for would have been a better fit for Cannes. All of that aside though, she looks like absolute perfection. The black and which is a classic combination that I love, the tailoring is impecable, hair and makeup are on point, and the overall effect is exquisite.




No comments:

Post a Comment