Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Charlotte Olympia Fall 2011: To Die For

For her fall 2011 collection, shoe designer Charlotte Olympia turned to Agatha Christie's world of dark intrigue for inspiration. Aptly titled "To Die For," the collection includes her signature sky-high platform heels in sumptuous leathers, suedes, satin, and velvet. Always with a touch of whimsy, many of the styles brought a smile to my face. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for my wallet), they are still not available anywhere in Canada. The website will ship them to you for an extra 100 pounds, which is a bit much as the shoes are already quite pricey. For now, I will have to leave them to fantasy...






Agatha in red. I am currently really into super chunky high-heeled loafer styles, and this is a super feminine take on the trend.







Bruce in black. Bruce is the store mascot at the Charlotte Olympia flagship store. He is a carved wooden leopard. And now he's on a shoe!






Alice Siamese. One leopard bootie, one tiger bootie! Would you wear these?






Carmen, in a gorgeous teal velvet with ostrich embossing. Amaze!



Cindy Piano. A quirky design, typical of the Charlotte Olympia. I once had neon pink biker shorts with a piano up the leg...not sure I can go there again, but maybe you would!







The Orient Express...I can't decide which colour I love more! I'm leaning towards the blue...but it depends on the outfit!






Polly in leopard pony hair. LOVE! Red and leopard go together like cheese and crackers.

Priscilla in black and gold stripes. This would be a perfect party shoe to jazz up your LBD.



Priscilla in purple. I love the little fan detail on the vamp.


Lydia in green. I would love to see this with a colour-blocking look. Maybe paired with bright blue or yellow.



Bruce the leopard, featured in the "To Die For" look book.
To see more of this fabulous collection please visit www.charlotteolympia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment